RIP Oscar Peterson

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

RIP Oscar Peterson

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Another great musician has passed on to the great gig in the sky: Oscar Peterson, the great jazz pianist.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music ... 0000000001
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Ack, that sucks.

Rip Oscar.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh bogus!

:(
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

41 dead musicians this year...................man that is a lot.
This space for rent
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

The only full-length recording I have of the Oscar Peterson Trio is a date they played with Lester Young that just plain swings!!!! It includes the funniest version of "Two to Tango," with the The Pres singing. Young didn't have the best of voices, but he sure had a great sense of humor! What I loved about Peterson, though was how sweetly he could work a melody. Sure he could riff, but he weaved cool solos around those melodies too.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright