The Sex Pistols Experience

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

The Sex Pistols Experience

Post by Ogg »

Hello...it's me. Finding a little time to say hi but hardly any time to post of late, what's new eh? :)

Anyway, friggin awesome time last night (saturday) pogo'ing to 'The Sex Pistols Experience' with a few chums. Myself, Punky Nig', Big Dave, Young Dan and Sergio the Portuguese postie!
We only had to travel twenty miles to miss the first half of the support act 'London Calling' you can guess who...they were ok.
I have to say that it's been years since I enjoyed a gig with such abandon. Myself and Nig' were at the front, in the throng all ****in night dude! Shouting and pogo'ing along to 'Bodies' 'Pretty Vacant' 'Arnachy' etc etc...absolutely friggin awesome! Perfect tribute band with an amazing 'Johnny Rotten' .
A sign of a good gig is when you're soaked in sweat and high on adrenaline. We met the band in the bar after and they were cool, dropping into character for photos etc :) :) :)
I was warned by Nig NOT to wear a Rush shirt 'the progrock bastid that you are' but of course I did! How punk is that? :)

Here's a few pics of the band and Big Dave and myself with 'Kid Vicious' and Johnny Rotter'

Thankyou.

http://www.sexpistolsexperience.co.uk/start.htm check em out!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oy!

You were off having a blast at a "real" punk gig and I got to see pop punk that night. Argh!

Looks like you had a blast, Ogg! Would that I had been there to pogo along. :D

But I do have one question: was your friend implying that Rush isn't punk? ;-)
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Kind of like saying that a New World Man is not..................

1. A Rebel
2. A Runner

:lol: *Snicker snort* :lol:
This space for rent
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

God save the Queen
and her fascist regime!

I love listening to the Sex Pistols.

Too bad London Calling was just OK. A good Clas tribute band would be fun to play...too bad I don't have a horse face like Topper Harley. :P
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:...too bad I don't have a horse face like Topper Harley. :P
Your wife is likely glad you don't!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

BUGGER OFF AND NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS!!

RAMONES, DICTATORS AND SEX PISTOLS RUINED MY ADOLESCENCE....

AND I THANK THEM FOR IT.

Rock on Ogg.
Don't start none...won't be none.