ACCURATE Rush Guitar tabs?

Got something you want to get rid of? Looking for something? Post it here. Please no requests/offerings for illegal music.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

ACCURATE Rush Guitar tabs?

Post by CygnusX1 »

Looking for accurate Rush tabs covering RUSH, Fly-By-Night and Caress of Steel -

-and NOT the ones the college kids are printing from their dorms!

Those are awful, but some are close...it's hit-or-miss when it comes to free tabs, but hey...whaddya want for FREE? :wink:
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

What's the saying?
You can't get something for nothing......
:-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Middle Kingdom wrote:What's the saying?
You can't get something for nothing......
:-D
Yup, and "you can't have freedom for free..NOOOOOOooooo". :-D

I never look a gift horse in the mouth though :-D

I'll pay for 'em if they're out there.....
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Stands at her blackboard and pushes her glasses up on her nose.

Boys......we must ALWAYS be sure to be accurate in our Rush lyrics. It really upsets The Professor when we are inaccuarte when we quote him.

It is "you don't get something for nothing/ you don't get freedom for free"

*Holds up the 2112 CD insert.*
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Stands at her blackboard and pushes her glasses up on her nose.

Boys......we must ALWAYS be sure to be accurate in our Rush lyrics. It really upsets The Professor when we are inaccuarte when we quote him.

It is "you don't get something for nothing/ you don't get freedom for free"

*Holds up the 2112 CD insert.*
yeah luv, but we all know Ged slips and falls on recorded lyrics now and then. I GUARANTEE you on the (coda) chorus he says "Can't Have".

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. He also slips on the ATWAS "In the End" lyrics:

"Well, I can see/what you mean
It just takes me longer...

And I can feel/what you feel
It just makes you stronger" (on ATWAS he says "takes"...listen and you will say WWWWOOPSIE!) :cool:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Geddy has an in with Neil we will never have.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Geddy has an in with Neil we will never have.
don't hold it against 'em. :-D LOL
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh no. The things they fear are what I can use to hold against them. *wink*
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Oh no. The things they fear are what I can use to hold against them. *wink*
ooh I'm sure Neil pounded Ged for his faux pas. LOL
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Doubt he did for "Catch the Fish," though.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Doubt he did for "Catch the Fish," though.
what album is that on? After MP I went on haitus from Rush until Vapor Trails came out....just wasn't the same to me....I'm old-school when it comes to them. IMHO they just mellowed with age.

the music after PW just doesn't have the ire and power that those early vinyls had...I'm studying the early tracks and there's HUGE differences in both power and expression.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Check out the Show of Hands video, Siggs. It isn't a song, it is something Geddy sings other than the "proper" lyrics.

" What happened is that the road crew had been torturing Neil for the entire Moving Pictures tour by leaving fish everywhere. Neil would show up for a sound check and there would be a fish on his snare drum. After the show, the band would return to their dressing rooms and there would be a fish in Neil's. The re would be fish EVERYWHERE Neil looked. In short, he was being tormented by fish. At the sound check of one of the shows, Neil got fed up and took the fish off his snare drum and threw it away. Little did he know that when he did that, the road crew was telling Alex and Geddy to watch their feet during Tom Sawyer. A few of the roadies had retrieved the discarded fish and slit it open so that it would fit on top of a remote control car they had bought.

When the band was playing Tom Sawyer that night, onto the stage drives this fish. Upon seeing it, Alex and Geddy both cracked up and Neil actually stopped playing to watch this fish go by. Coincidentally, this occured at the "Catch the spit" portion of the song. From that day on, anytime the band has performed the song, Geddy has said, "Catch the fish". "

I got that from: http://www.nimitz.net/rush/faq3ans.html#124
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Check out the Show of Hands video, Siggs. It isn't a song, it is something Geddy sings other than the "proper" lyrics.

" What happened is that the road crew had been torturing Neil for the entire Moving Pictures tour by leaving fish everywhere. Neil would show up for a sound check and there would be a fish on his snare drum. After the show, the band would return to their dressing rooms and there would be a fish in Neil's. The re would be fish EVERYWHERE Neil looked. In short, he was being tormented by fish. At the sound check of one of the shows, Neil got fed up and took the fish off his snare drum and threw it away. Little did he know that when he did that, the road crew was telling Alex and Geddy to watch their feet during Tom Sawyer. A few of the roadies had retrieved the discarded fish and slit it open so that it would fit on top of a remote control car they had bought.

When the band was playing Tom Sawyer that night, onto the stage drives this fish. Upon seeing it, Alex and Geddy both cracked up and Neil actually stopped playing to watch this fish go by. Coincidentally, this occured at the "Catch the spit" portion of the song. From that day on, anytime the band has performed the song, Geddy has said, "Catch the fish". "

I got that from: http://www.nimitz.net/rush/faq3ans.html#124
that's cool.....I'll check that out for sure.

Do you know the story behind the the "Long-Haired Rush" that came out onstage and got their laundry out of the clothes dryers on RIR? I don't know....trying to find out myself, but Neil didn't look too stoked about it...he gave it a fleeting glance and just kept on keeping time...